Saturday, March 29, 2008

I need opinions, and I need them fast!!

Here is a very important issue. The spousal unit and I have so many cousins with so many kids that there is a definite possibility of us picking a name that has already been used by a close-ish relation. How close is too close to use the same name????

8 comments:

Melanie said...

I would normally think cousins are too close, but I have a cousin that named her little girl Logan several years after we named our little boy Logan. We haven't had any friction over it. Of course, that isn't cousins with the same name, it's cousins' kids with the same name. Have I totally confused you?

hartleyhouse said...

I think you should just name her whatever you want, after all you have to live with that name for a long time so make it one you really love.
Good Luck!!

Laura :)

EarlGirl said...

I agree with Laura. That being said, my kids names are off the table. I hope you know that. You can beg, you can plead, but no.

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

Siblings' kids are all off-limits, although we would be hard-pressed to find girl names to copy anyway! We just both have so many cousins and cousins' kids that it is hard to find a name that is completely original.

Sweet Cherie said...

The more the merrier, right? Like on My Big Fat Greek Wedding when the dad is introducing everyone in the front yard and he introduces about 20 people named Nick.

Jenn said...

I would just pick the name you really want and talk to the relative about it. I wouldn't care at all if someone named their child the same as mine.

Kersten said...

I agree with the pick the name you love opinions. I named my son after my dad and sometimes it's confusing when we're together but no one seems to mind. By the way I love all those songs you picked on your playlist!

lovecat said...

I have a sister and a sister in law named Lori, each of them have a first daughter named Sarah. At first it was a little confusing haveing two Sarah's in the family but everyone got used to it and nobody cares now.

However, there is a large age gap between the two that really helps. One is ten and the other is in college.

So I guess I agree that you should just pick the name you love and go with it. Eventually family gets used to anything!