Saturday, March 29, 2008

Trama and Drama Averted

Remember that big retreat I was stressing over? Well, the Lord has calmed my troubled heart once more. We got an enormous freak snow storm and the Bishop called off the retreat...at least the traveling part of it. We brought all the food and did the whole blooming thing at the church, except for the spending the night part. If we had gone, we would have been stuck on the other side of the pass, across which I needed to return early to get my kids so the spousal unit could go to work at noon. It turned out just fabulous and, though I was disappointed at first, I was really glad to get into my own bed last night when we finally got home at 10 pm.

Now, my poor boy is with his dad, in the driving snow, at the opening celebration of the Little League season. Man, too bad my girl wanted to stay home. I really was looking forward to freezing my tail off and getting soaked for an hour.

1 comment:

lovecat said...

Oh you poor soul! I am sorry you had to miss out on such a wonderful event and such pleasant weather!