Thursday, April 24, 2008

Our Sweet Baby

Well, she finally came! Six days late, but perfect and one of the three most beautiful babies I have ever seen. Dada got to help catch her, which as a really great experience for him. (Note the tastefully edited picture below!) She was 8 lbs. exactly and 20 1/4 " long, which I now believe is the absolute PERFECT size for a baby to be. We really struggled between two names though until the last minute. We thought both were beautiful, but Dada's won out in the end. Now my brother doesn't have to have a niece with the same name as his ex-girlfriend. You know it was all for you, bro!
We got to have the same midwife come in who delivered our big girl. She had conveniently moved here right before we did, and she knitted this great hat for our baby while I was in labor. Isn't it fabulous?!
And here she is about to go home to meet brother and sister. She is so excited. Can you tell? She really is so beautiful and really mild-tempered like her sister. Who knows if that will last, but we are loving it for now. So worth that extra six days of kindly people coming up to me with the old, "No baby yet?" question. (Duh. Does it look like I have a baby yet?) It's hard when you know they are just trying to connect with you in a loving way. It makes it so much harder to feel justified when you are mentally kicking them.
Isn't she just the most gorgeous baby??!!!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Ooh, she's beautiful!! Congratulations! I'll bet it seemed like she would never come. And then it's like you have always known them. How awesome. I'm dying to know the name. Can you email it to me?

EarlGirl said...

Wow, she looks just like her big sister! About stinkin' time naming her, by the way! I was about to just name her for you. I agree with your wise husband. It was the best name. The other one would never do.

Cassie said...

Congrats! The name is very cute. She is a mold of the other two I think! She looks alot like you! I suspected that that you had her monday because I told you to call me monday if you didn't have her so we could hang out, so.... Give me a call in a few weeks when things have settled so I can meet the newest edition to the clan!

Jenn said...

She's beautiful. We would have loved her whatever she was named and whenever she came. Glad she's here! Cute!

Emi said...

HIP-HIP-PIZAAAAAA! Congratulations, Crazies!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for the arrival of your sweet baby girl!!!!!!

Babydoll said...

I am so happy for you! How are you doing? I hear number three is a big wakeup call because you have no hands left. But what would I know? I am also dying for the name. Let me know. And CONGRATS!