Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I've changed my mind

I have decided that I need a different mindset. I have found myself getting crabbier and crabbier as I didn't go into labor. All along, I knew it was a pretty safe bet that I would go over, and I remembered (and ignored) my midwife telling me 4 1/2 years ago that next time I got pregnant I should just tell everyone that my due date is 2 weeks later than it actually is so people would stop harassing me and so that I would stop harassing myself about it. Hmmm. Maybe next time. Anyway, about this mindset... instead of feeling like a walking time bomb I have decided to mentally put myself back where I was 2 weeks ago and just keep happily preparing for her instead of fretting that she's not here. So, instead of sitting on the exercise ball at night while numbly watching a movie, I am lounging on the couch, sewing ribbons on her burp cloths (every baby should be hip while spitting up, right?) and envisioning pulling that lovely thing out of my very cool diaper bag in 2 weeks. *sigh* So much better. I think the spousal unit and kiddos will appreciate a more content Mama as well.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm glad you are still blogging! I think your body has a certain personality of its own. Some bodies kick that baby out early, some try to keep them in as long as possible, and some are very obedient and try to do it when the dates say to do it.

I'm one of the obedient ones. Two of mine I went into labor on my due date, to have them a few hours into the next day. One was the day after, one was my due date and one was three days early, but all very close.

EarlGirl said...

That's right, keep your chin up! I know how you feel though, I used to be determined not to get off the couch if the baby wasn't coming.

Cassie said...

I'm sorry that your frustrated! I try to call you every week reguardless of baby or no baby! I try, although sometime not succeeding!
If you still haven't popped by Monday, give me a call in the early morning say after 830 and I will come and see you. We can go get ice cream or something.