Here are some fun pics of the first 3 weeks of Baby's life. The kids just fell in love with her at first sight, which was right here in our entry way.

But they thought that one of the major perks of getting a new sister was that their grandma got to come and stay with us for a week. It is such a wonderful time when Mom comes to help with a new baby. There is just nothing like having your mom close by when something so big has happened. All of us girls usually end up sobbing the entire day she has to leave because being new a mom works so well as a 2-woman team. It's a little daunting by yourself. No, she is not sitting on the baby. (o:


Big sister is holding out her lips to kiss the baby, who is nestled in my arms as I take the picture. They are making Rolo cookies, and had a blast doing it.

She won't take a pacifier (not for a lack of trying on our part), but sometimes Mom's finger works okay. Most of the time though, she spits it out in disgust when she figures out it's not the real thing.


I slept out on the couch for a week after Mom left, until I could figure out how to do nights by myself.


Her first sponge bath. She likes real baths about as well. Afterwards, my ears usually ring for about half an hour, but she sure smells sweet!

Such perfect little feet...

and hands.

Ready for church. I waited 3 weeks, and would have waited another, but it was Mother's Day and I wanted to hear the big kids sing for me in church.

Brother and sister can hardly keep their lips off her.


But they have been up to other things as well, like Little League...

...and friend's birthday parties.

My sister got to stop in for a while, but the baby slept like a rock the entire time she was here. As soon as big sister shut the door behind her, Baby's eyes popped right open and I got the next series of pictures.

The little stinker. This was about 2 minutes after my sister left:



Then, we got to have the other grandma come for a week. I have been so pampered! I haven't had to hardly cook or clean for 3 weeks! I just feel so loved and taken care of! It's mighty hard to go back to real living. I have to actually put thought into what we're having for dinner tonight.

It has been such a fun 3 weeks. One of the most wonderful parts has been to deflate. You may note that I didn't put any pictures of myself from the first week or so, because I was still SO puffy. It's fabulous to start looking a little bit like my old self again, and even start fitting into my old clothes. And the pure joy of laying on my stomach!!!
Only 3 more weeks and I can work out! I tried running the other day and made it about 10 feet before it felt like all the blood had been sucked out of my body. Maybe I'll take it easy until then!
5 comments:
Thanks for posting all the adorable pictures!! She is SO lovely!
Do take it easy and don't stress out about working out until your body feels up to it. I totally know the joy of laying on your stomach...that's always one of the best parts of a finished pregnancy!
What a beautiful, huge smile! Her eyes looked so much like big brother's, I couldn't believe it.
She's so cute! I love all of the pictures! Thanks for the update!
What a precious little angel. I love the little faces she made. I don't remember Scamper doing much in the first 3 weeks, but I'm sure he made some faces.
She IS a doll. Just like you said! I can't wait to meet her! You look so cute together on the couch! Just a snoozin' away!
Post a Comment