No, not THAT good news. I wasn't going to write again until I had the baby, but this is blog-worthy. After 2 years on the market, our house has finally and actually closed. The woman's financing FINALLY went through after about 5 different closing dates (the first being in December). It came in yesterday and the title company made the big payment yesterday afternoon. Whew! So, now we just need to fine a great, smoke-free place here.
Not to sound like I'm discouraged or anything, but I really don't want to write any more about being pregnant. I think the hardest part was going to church this last week. "Wow! You are sure diligent! I can't believe you came today!" (Interpretation: "You are so stinking fat that I can't believe you actually fit through the chapel doors. Are you insane to be leaving home in your...condition?!")
I'll write more again when I'm deflated.
4 comments:
Congrats on the house sale!! I'll bet you are soooo relieved to have that over with.
I can relate with the pregnant comments. How come people can't just say, "Your due date is that close? I would never guess because you are so darn cute! You are just glowing!" But no. The last two months of my last pregnancy, my ankles and legs were like elephant legs. Seriously, they looked so strange and fat that people wanted to rush me off to the hospital thinking I had toxemia. I had to keep telling them, no, the midwife said I am fine. I would try to hide them as best as I could, but people would see me coming down the hallway and say, "Oh!! Your poor ankles! They are huge! You'd better sit down and rest." I don't know how many times I got that. I didn't want anyone to talk about my ankles ever again. Luckily, against my worst fears, they did go back to normal after I had her.
I can't wait to see the post about your new cutie. Good luck with everything!
Finally! That took long enough. I'll bet that's a load off your mind. Now you can just focus on having a baby.
So what are the plans now? Do you go house hunting? Different rental?
I am so glad that this load is off your shoulders!
Why are you up at four in the morning blogging? The only reason to be up at that unholy hour is to have a baby! These are your last precious moments of sleep! This is making me tired. I'm going to bed.
Can't wait to hear when it happens. I would just take the date they would induce me if late and figure THAT was my real due date. Nothin' more reliable than that. Just a surprise if he came earlier.
But I never did actually make it to my due date. All three were born two days early.
We're looking at buying or renting. It just depends on if the housing market dips more. When the average 2 bedroom/ 1 bath 850 sq. ft. home starts at $350,000 it make me want to be patient. It makes me sick just thinking of what homes go for back from whence we came.
Post a Comment