Sunday, May 31, 2009

Slow Down. You're Movin' Too Fast.

Remember this?

It's amazing how this tiny little angel bug can turn into THIS
in just one year! How is she so huge-- and so wiggly?! She used to be so docile. Now, I feel like I'm holding my own personal bucking bronco, persistently shrieking "Dow! Dow!" every time we are trying to reverently sit through church. Yeah, I know you want to get down, crawl under the benches at the speed of light and make it up the stairs toward the podium...like last week. Thank heavens for older children who don't mind booking it up to the front of the chapel. What did I ever do for my first two without a big kid around?

My babe has SO much personality. She is smart as a little whip, can say about 15-20 words now, and can sign about as many. Her newest word is "Jesus" (thee-thee!), which she started saying when her ticked-off shrieks wiggles got the best of her and we went out in the hall during church. She kept pointing at Jesus in a picture on the wall and it went from there. *sigh* I know. She's a spiritual giant AND a genius.

This is her "Cute Face", which she will occasionally perform on command. Note the complete lack of teeth at her first birthday. A month later, and we still don't even have a glimmer. Yes. Genius enough to know that she should keep her teeth from growing in while we are still nursing. (o: On behalf of the lactation board, I would just like to express my appreciation.


Happy birthday, baby! We all love you SO much!!

9 comments:

Kayla said...

She is sooooooooooooo adorable! She is going to be one real cutie when she grows up and will have lots of guys runnin after her

Hethrjem said...

I have that same brown onesie. I love brown on little girls. Your little cutie looks like her momma.

Melanie said...

Wow, that year went so fast! She looks so big! What a cutie. She looks like an even split between her mom and dad.

Lynnae said...

She's so cute. I can't believe she still has no teeth. My kids teeth came pretty early. I would much rather they came late than early.

Jen said...

So cute! Hope she had a great day. I sure wish I could slow down time and keep them small longer. Hopefully we can see you while we are visiting this summer.

Unknown said...

Awwww, what a cutie! Abbie still doesn't talk much. Only says 'grandma' and Mom. :o) Can't wait for you all to come over to the east side.

Babydoll said...

Seriously! She is so big. She is such a cutie though. I love the 'cute face.'

Jenn said...

Cute! Her eyebrows remind me of you when you were little. She is adorable.

Jenny said...

Wow she is getting so big! But she still looks a lot like you! Our Genes finally won!