Anyway, as they are sorting through their junk and clothes, I hear my boy call from across the room.
"Uh, Mama? What are these brown things moving in my drawer?"
Who ever really wants to hear that question? Not I, I can assure you.
Just a sweet little mouse family, making a lovely nest in my child's pajama drawer. I think they even had a door mat and a "Home Sweet Home" picture. The worst part though, was while I was trying to pull the drawer out, the mommy mouse came and grabbed up one of the babies and was trying to get it out to safety. I absolutely hate that my natural maternal instinct was "RUN, LITTLE MOMMY, RUN! PROTECT THAT BABY!!" I took the whole drawer out, put it on the front porch and shut the door. I figured my big, strong husband could deal with it when he got home from work. We found the rescued baby the next day, all nestled in and crying in my daughter's Barbie drawer--which we had just scoured because of mouse evidence.
Have I mentioned that I hate mice? I hate mice so much that I am postponing my daughter's first birthday blog to tell how much I hate mice.
I think I miss my cat.
7 comments:
Ummm...sounds like you were MUCH more calm and collected than I could have ever been. My reaction would have contained LOTS of screaming and freaking out. Good for you!
I can't believe that. There would have been no taking picture from me. I would have called my husband and made him come home from work! I agree, that you were much more calm than I would have been, especially with you hating mice so much.
whoa crazy! icky. I think I would have poked em with a stick. So where exactly are you moving to anyway?
Okay. I did poke them with a stick. My boy was keeping his distance for a while until I told him that he could poke them with a stick too. Then he thought they were pretty cool...in a gross way.
Oh wow! I would have been freaking out really bad. Hope your new place doesn't have an mice.
What you really need is to get your big boy a corn snake! ;)
Then just let it wander freely around your home and any and all mice will be quickly evicted!
lol
When Grandma found some she felt bad and started feeding them! Then she had to trap them and felt terrible.
Post a Comment