Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bawling and Moving On...

Moves are always hard, but this one has just torn my heart out. I love it here so much. I love the women I serve with at church, I love the trees, I love the people in our ward and our sweet neighbors up the road. But, the very hardest thing for me to leave is the Young Women. The day we found out that my sweet hubby got his job both of us were in shock at how quickly life can completely change. For no reason that I could pinpoint I was really grumpy all day. We had been praying for this; we had been hoping for a chance to finally get a home of our own, a great job he could stay at for years, and an opportunity to be closer to family. Late that night, I drove to the grocery store, and on the way home it hit me why I was so upset. I thought of my Laurels and how I wouldn't see them go off to college, go on missions, or get married. I thought of my Mia Maids. For some of them, I was their Beehive advisor in our last ward. I've watched them grow from little girls into beautiful and mature young women. I won't be there to hear about their first dates, to watch them grow into strong and confident leaders. I thought of my Beehives, who are just getting started on that change from being little girls, who are trying to figure out how to be teenagers. I love them all so, so, so much. As I drove home, I cried. Maybe that is putting it a little mildly. I bawled my head off. Just writing this makes me cry. I wish they could understand how much of my heart is invested in them, how very much I love to talk to them and listen to them. I know this is the right thing for our family, but that doesn't mean it isn't really, really hard.

One thing that makes it a little easier is seeing how the Lord's hand has been so clearly involved. When we learned where we were moving, I wanted to find a trustworthy contact in the town who could tell us which neighborhoods were nice, which were dangerous, and other various info that only a native would know. Mentioning this to my mother on the phone, she suggested that I call Patricia, a woman with whom she serves in the temple. I did, and ended up leaving a message. She in turn left a message back for me. When I called her back the next day, she had some interesting news. Come to find out, Patricia doesn't actually live in the town we are moving to, but 20 minutes south. But, in between our calls, she and her husband had run into an old friend, Terry, at Wal-Mart (ah, I love Wal-Mart!). While visiting with him, he had received a phone call from an LDS man in Wyoming, who had moved away from their town at the beginning of the school year. He was desperate to sell his house. Patricia heard all the info about the home, and then told me about it when I next called. Handily, Terry is a realtor, also LDS, and he showed us the house before it even got back out on the MLS. Later, Terry told us about his meeting with Patricia in Wal-Mart. He said that he had been really far away from the couple when he saw them in the store, and was disinclined to yell over such a distance, but then really felt like he should get their attention. I know that the Lord is taking care of so many people at the same time, and I am SO grateful that I am one of them.

We close on the house June 1st!!! Let me know if you want to see pics and I'll send them to you!

9 comments:

Jen said...

I totally get your being sad about your YW. I didn't even move, but got released just before Liam was born and I swear I cried for days. It was so sad knowing that even though I see them at church I wouldn't KNOW them like I used to.

As for pictures of your new house I definitely want to see some! ;) Good luck with your move!

Melanie said...

So it was the house for you after all! I would love to see pictures. :)

I understand the feeling of moving because it's the right thing to do but feeling intensely sad about it. That's what happened when we left Utah to move back here. I'm STILL sad about it. Following God's will is not always fun. ;)

hartleyhouse said...

I'm so sad that we won't be close to you, we didn't have time to fully enjoy having you guys only 20 minutes away!
It sounds like things are coming together, I'm so happy for you guys. I know it's hard moving and leaving so many people you love behind, I cried just reading your post because it reminded me of how I felt leaving Maryland.
I would love to see pictures of your house! That is so exciting!!

Jenn said...

I love it when things come together. Are there different pictures than the ones I saw? I love the house. It looks great.

Kayla said...

We are going to miss you too, so very much. I love walking in to YW every sunday and seeing your bright and shining face. I am going to miss how you bring laughter into everything, and your wonderful spiritual thoughts that you give. I hope that this move will be a great one for you and your family.
We all love you so very much, and are going to miss having you in YW's.

Love
Kayla Morrill

EarlGirl said...

I know what you mean, I've been in the same ward for almost 9 years. It would be excruciating to leave!

Babydoll said...

I think that is so great you are so attached to your YW. They need leaders that are invested. I would feel the same if I had to leave my Primary kids. But I am so glad that things worked out so nicely with your house. Good luck with rest of de-junking, cleaning, and moving.

The Pachuilo Family said...

Isn't amazing what the Lord has in store for us, sometimes it's not what we want, but we know that he knows what is best for us. We will miss you and your family greatly, it's been so fun getting to know and watch your kids grow in primary. We wish you the best of luck on your new adventure!
I would love to see the pics of your house, how exciting!

lovecat said...

Congratulations on the house! It is wonderful when everything just falls into place, even when it hurts.
We would love to see the house. Send us some pictures please!