Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Chubby Ball of Sunshine

So you remember how my little person was 8 lbs. exactly at birth? Well, after 7 1/2 weeks, we weighed her again. Are you ready for this? 13 1/2 lbs.!! Yes, that would be a 5 1/2 lb. gain. My sweet chubster. I think about 4 1/2 of it is in her cheeks. Isn't she beautiful? It makes me so sad that I can say that she is 2 months now instead of giving her age in weeks. It means she's growing up! *sniff* Soon, she'll be in school and then off to girls' camp and then she'll be married! AUGH!


We're still doing Babywise, by the way, and still LOVING it. Ever since that first night, she has consistently woken up only one or two times per night. For the past few weeks, she's only gotten up at around 4:00, which terrified me at first (causing me to race in there at 3 to see if she was still breathing), but I am just fine with it now. As you can see, I can even collect my brains enough to write complete sentences and everything! Her days are organized and her nights are a dream. So far, having a third is a piece of cake. (Yes, I am aware that having said that, I will probably be forced to eat my words at some point in the future, but as for now, I stand by it!) Having the huge age gap between the second and third has played a very important role though. Now that I am getting SO old, there probably won't be such a gap between this one and the next, and I'll be toast for sure. Don't worry all you 3+ experienced moms! I'll get mine, I'm sure!


3 comments:

Jenn said...

She is SO cute!!!! I'm glad things are going so well that you can even consider having more at this point. BRAVO!

Babydoll said...

What an angel. She is just beautiful, chubby cheeks and all.

EarlGirl said...

Yep, she sure is beautiful! I love the chub.