The next thing though, was far, far worse. For weeks, the spousal unit has been stressing out BIG time at work because the vice president of the whole company was scheduled to come see his store with all its revisions. He had worked really, REALLY hard to make everything perfect, and I had been doing my little part too. His shirt, his pants and even his tie was ironed (he stopped me before I ironed his undershirt and socks, but I was headed that way). Then, the night before the big day, he asked me to cut his hair. Can you see it already? In spite of my hair-cutting disabilities, I have his style down to a science. I use the very biggest buzzer attachment that we have and shave his whole head, then go in for the close-up work. It turns out a tad too short, but nothing that a week won't take care of. That was exactly what I did this time...except for the biggest buzzer attachment part. I accidentally grabbed the wrong one. It was awful. I had done a third of his head before I realized my mistake. There was just no going back by then. I am very lucky and grateful that (after a few hours) my husband is a forgiving man.

The visit went off with flying colors, in spite of the haircut. He even rolled out a red carpet for the guy, which his visitor thought was hilarious (luckily). He ended up having tons of customers during the visit and was really able to show off his knowledge (which is a lot) and his salesmanship, in spite of his, um, helpful and supportive wife.
3 comments:
Yeah, that is the worst. Can't make you feel better.
I once vomitted a whole can of spinach into a suitcase of clean clothes, though. It was unfortunately sitting next to the toilet and my mad dash put me off target by just enough....
Ick, ick ick! You're right, that is disgusting. I'm so sorry! You owe your husband big time though, you should do something really nice for him. Like iron his underwear. Or fold it up in little tiny packets.
Hey! I like the tiny packets! My kids can do it now too. Start 'em young so they can be just as demented as we are when they're old.
Post a Comment