Thursday, February 7, 2008

Quote for the day

"Mama, when I die and then come back alive and then die and then come back alive again, I'm going to make all the people into mermaids in America. Only if I remember." --My girl

We are having such a lazy day. I didn't do the dishes last night (My girl and I were asleep when Dada got home with our boy after school, so I wasn't awake to "encourage" the kids to clean out the dishwasher--their job--and I totally didn't want to do it. It was only their second day with this new responsibility, so I don't feel right about charging them for my services when they forgot.) So, the kitchen is a disaster; well the whole house is mostly blown up. But, my girl and I have each had a nice, long bath today! Plus, I have done my hair and makeup. I just need to have the downstairs clean by 4:00 when my sewing lesson girl comes over.

Now, we are sitting on our duffs, blogging and reading/eating candy hearts (over each one she gives this big, dramatic "love" sigh). They are tart ones, so the green flavor tastes a lot like bathroom cleaner. I'm trying hard to eek out some kind of motivation from their cryptic messages, but the closest I have gotten is a heart that I think said "Mug me."

4 comments:

EarlGirl said...

Exactly what are they teaching her in primary over there?!

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

I have no idea where she comes up with these things. She has a "creative turn of mind." (Anne of Green Gables)

Home of the Muddy Kids said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

Mug Me? Who comes up with those? Is that how they give valentines in gangland?