Warning: you may want to turn the volume all the way down, as the background pool noise is deafening.
So, my kids had their first ever swim lessons, other than completely unproductive I-don't-believe-you-won't-let-me-drown-Mama ones. My boy's skills have just rocketed off though. On the last day, he taught himself 3 or 4 of the 6 things he needed to pass the class. As you can see from the video, the instuctor (a darling high school boy) was pretty easy going and let them practice while he was with other kids. My boy spent every available second teaching himself all the skills the instructor introduced. I have always loved that about my angel. From the time he was 4 1/2 months old, he would work and work at something that interested him, until he was really good at it, then he would do it over and over again just for the sheer joy of his achievement. Back then, it was putting a little toy cow in a little toy barn; now it's pogo stick jumping and swimming. This video is of his swim stroke, which I have christened the "Scootle Bug".
Being as we are the Land of the Trees and the Home of the Really Muddy Kids, my children have fully lived up to the title this week. I made the mistake of giving them a bath in the middle of the day. They immediately headed for the front door (yes, for once they were dressed), and made a "Sliddy-Slide" comprised of cardboard, water, and mud. Why do I bother?
2 comments:
I love those days when you don't get dressed and just lock yourself inside for the day. I'm hoping to have one of those today! We have so much rain I don't know why we would bother getting dressed today anyway.
I love the mud slide. Brilliant kids! Samantha wants to play!
Great swimming, what a champ.
What a cute little swimmer. I was laughing pretty good watching him kick his legs so fast! How fun!
Post a Comment