Sunday, July 27, 2008
Houston, we have a fuzzball...
This is my new aquisition. Isn't it beautiful?! Doesn't it look like it's about to blast off into space? This is the first time we haven't bought a cheapy vacuum, and I LOVE it!!! (Sorry about the fuzzy picture. It's either mid-blast-off, or my battery is running low on my camera!) Oooo. Aaaawwwww. We put our old, shamed vacuum in the driveway (in hopes that the spousal unit will put it into the car and give it away) because I couldn't bear for it to be in the same house with this beauty.
This is our other latest aquisition: Natalie. My boy has been calling the Baby "Natalie" ever since she was born, and will correct anyone who calls her by her proper name. Thus, the kitty's name. We told him it would be confusing to have two Natalies in the house, so he needed to pick which one it would be. So, the kitty is Natalie, and the Baby is Shmatalie. She looks a lot like the cat we had growing up. She is only 3 months old, but is huge and is supposed to get a lot bigger. The best part is that she isn't supposed to shed very much at all, but she has super soft, very long fur.
And then there is this one. My boy is very creative when it comes to getting what he needs. This is what I found before we even knew his shoe was stuck in the rain gutter. No, I have no idea how it got up there. And, yes, that is our ghetto desk on our front patio. If you could only see a little to the left, you could see our goldfish in their garbage can "tank". Oh, yes; we are classy, classy people. Have I mentioned this before?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am jealous. I have a terrible feeling that our vacuum is a lost cause and it is relatively new. I keep vacuuming, though, and denying that the feathers and pieces of string that are one the floor before, during, and after vacuuming must just be too heavy...ir it's a different feather or piece of string that is sitting there...surely it isn't broken! And so every Monday I continue the ritual.
I have totally given up on our vacuum. In fact when mom and dad came to visit I borrowed m y moms awesome (heavy) dyson "animal" to pick up all the dog hair so I wouldn't be too ashamed.
I've done the same vacuum denial thing. The kitty is cute! That was a great idea to try to put the kibosh on the whole Natalie issue. Maybe with time it will work. :)
I am in vacuum envy. Is that a sin? Did I read about that last night during family scripture study? "Envieth not your neighbors fancy smancy vacuum"
Is envieth even a word? If it isn't a word, it can't be a sin, right?
Congrats on your new purchase. I remember when hearing you bought a really new cute outfit that looked perfect would have made me envious. Now it is a vacuum.
Getting old sucks. :-)
He is trying to get his shoe from the rain gutter? That's random. Oh, and I too am very jealous about the vacuum. I can only vacuum one room at a time in my house and then the vacuum shuts off (apparently it needs a rest). Then I can vacuum another room about an hour later, and so on. What a pain! And what a beautiful black kitty. I love black cats.
Hey, I love the bottom picture of your forest! I wish we had one! Then we wouldn't have to fight off nosy neighbors!
Post a Comment