When I was at Ricks, he came to speak at a devotional. I stayed up all the night before finishing this beaded bookmark for him. You can't actually see the coolest part at the bottom, which had his initials on it. The tough part was figuring out how to get it to him. I was sitting in the third row, but there were a lot of people between him and me. So, I wrote a little note, wrapped it around the bookmark, and passed it up to him. Just as he was leaving, I saw an usher hand it to him.

I saw him again a few years later, when I was invited to sing at a temple dedication. He stopped and waved into the little room where the choir was waiting and I remember the feeling I had, knowing he was a prophet of God. When we lined up and sat down in the Celestial room for the dedication, my chair was directly behind his. Standing up, I could reach my thumbs out and touch his chair. It was wonderful just being that close to someone so good and kind, with the kind of feeling that radiated off of him.
I'm going to miss hearing him speak at Conference. It just won't be the same.
1 comment:
I remember that! You were pretty gutsy to do that.
Post a Comment