Monday, June 11, 2007

What we're up to

We have made several new friends lately that have very small babies, and my kids' reactions are so surprising based on their general natures. Our girl is so girly and loves to snuggle her dollies, while our boy is so "boyly" and enjoys participating in daily Karate spars with his dad. When there is a real baby around though, the girl couldn't care less, but our boy will be over there patting, entertaining and loving that baby all over the place. He's famous in our ward for his infant battles where he will softly hold the baby's hand and hit himself in the face with it, then throw himself backwards to emphasize his own defeat.

At breakfast this morning, little sister was laughing at something silly that had happened to her brother. He turned and gave her a very grumpy face and said, "If I were a frog and you were a bug, I would eat you." I really don't know what we did for entertainment before we had kids. One of my favorite things to do is to listen to their prayers. I love to hear what's important to them and who they are concerned about. I just love being a mommy!!

3 comments:

EarlGirl said...

Woo-hoo! Now we're blog twins! You should put a link to mine on yours, and I'll put a link to yours on mine!

EarlGirl said...

You had to post the picture of me looking so fat! Kuba made fun of me for it, calling me big mama. Lewis agreed that I looked pretty big. Ouch!

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

I didn't notice you looking particularly bulbous in this pic...I was too busy seeing how chubby I appeared! Women are so neurotic.