Friday, June 29, 2007
Thoughts on Turning Thirty
You know, I have been feeling pretty good about turning thirty this week. I've never been one to try to push back the aging clock or to lie about my age. But then, this morning, it came to me out of the sweet mouth of my boy. As I picked him up to snuggle him, he looked lovingly into my eyes and said, "Mama? Are you getting old?" to which I replied, "Well, yes I am. How could you tell?" He said, smiling sweetly at me, "'Cause your eyes are getting crumpled up." Hmmm. Well, I suppose that I'd rather have laugh lines than crabby lines. I have never believed older people who say that they still feel like they are sixteen, but I know what they mean now. I relate a little too well with the Beehives (12 & 13 year old girls) and I think it's because I never quite moved past being a teenager. Maybe when I'm forty... (o:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You'll love thirty, it's practically painless! Are you doing anything special to mark the event? It's funny, I feel much younger than the decade when I was always pregnant, nursing, and up at night. I just feel younger and younger! Happy Birthday!
Some of our friends are having us over for dinner that night, and they are even baking my cake (they used to own a bakery) because they think it's just sick for a person to have to make their own birthday cake. I am more than happy to oblige! With all four of our birthdays within a 34 day span, I get mighty sick of baking cakes!
Post a Comment