I don't know if this only happens in our family or what, but I have found that kids have an amazing knack for ruining any time the spousal unit and I have alone. When we finally find some quiet conversation time is when it all breaks loose; kids are barfing, falling off high surfaces, flooding over toilets (that was today's delightful experience), needing to nurse as babies, or getting into a brawl. Why is this? I remember from when I was a kid trying to scissor my parents' lips apart with my fingers. It's hard to have a serious conversation when you are cleaning up toilet water from the entire downstairs. I've seen more romance among the wildlife I often encounter on my daily run.
Speaking of wildlife, I almost ran over a squirrel with my Rollerblades a few weeks ago. It made me laugh so hard I almost fell over, which would have broken my no-fall streak of about 8 years. It's so fun to see all of the little beasties running around. There are rabbits everywhere as well as squirrels (apparently, their kids don't ruin their romantic moments). Of course there are also nasty beasties like the ever-abundant slugs. I'll do just about anything to not run over one of those on my skates or bike. That's worth falling for, I think. The squish that would make would give me nightmares.
No comments:
Post a Comment