So, $74 later, with a new tag, shots and a dog whistle, our VERY enthusiastic (formerly free) dog got to come home. She was so excited that I thought she was going to wiggle our car right out of our lane all the way home. We got her all settled in and then I left for my activity. Having spent this entire week searching for her, canvasing the neighborhood, and putting up ads, you can believe I was careful about shutting the gate. This morning, I hear a roar of frustration (okay, several roars--he had to earn that money, after all) from my husband; the gate was open and the dog was gone.
*sigh*
This time though, I rode my bike to the end of the driveway and called for her. From WAY up the street, I see her ripping down the road at light speed. I have never seen her move so fast. Apparently, she doesn't want to be lost again, but that desire isn't strong enough to inspire her to stay in the gate. This free dog is really getting expensive.
5 comments:
Hhhmmm....pets don't realize how fragile their existence with humans is.
I noticed that Trek responded well to having his "privileges" removed surgically after he ran off. His wandering ended quickly, after all I might cut off something else next time!
What a sad little tale. I'm glad everything turned out well in the end...mostly!
I'm glad you found your dog. She's cute too! don't forget to call if you want any tips on dog training!
What a pain to have to deal with that! I hope this gives your kids a good reason to not run off!
Post a Comment