Well, that's as exciting as it gets. I'm so glad. Boredom and a quiet life are good for the soul.
Friday, September 26, 2008
My Hero and other Goings On
This is my kids' mansion. We got some scrapwood from a friend, and the spousal unit put this up in an afternoon. Hey. The tarp is VERY necessary over here. It rains here, you know. The duct tape adds to its appeal.
My boy lost his first tooth this week! It has been wiggly for about 2 years!! He was beyond ecstatic. He's been DYING to use his tooth fairy pillow that we made for him when it first got wiggly. That darling little tooth is going to make a fabulous addition to the Toothfairy's castle.
My baby is just cute.
This is our very cool mountain. Can you see how it is an Indian laying on his back? This is what we see from the front of our driveway (although that is not where I took this picture).
Then, there is my hero. My big, strong man really took a bullet for me. At our Stake BBQ, they asked our Young Men and Young Women presidency to get a volunteer for the dunk tank. The Young Men Pres. didn't want to, one of the YW Presidency was sick, and the other had extra kids there and was on her own. It was going to have to be me, and my sweet spouse did it in my place. THAT BLESSED MAN!!! If I wasn't already going to love him forever, he earned it at this BBQ. This is him, still nice and dry.
Our boy even got a shot at him, and then went ahead and pushed the button anyway.
...as did my big girl.
He was one soggy froggy by the end of it.
Since we live in the big, um, natural (read: scary with wild animals) woods, we decided to get a dog. She is FABULOUS! Ally is very protective of us and thinks I'm her mommy. Does anyone know what kind of dog she is? I have no idea. We just found out that we have to pay an INSANELY high deposit to be able to keep her, so our relationship may be short-lived. We may just have to be eaten by bears.
Well, that's as exciting as it gets. I'm so glad. Boredom and a quiet life are good for the soul.
Well, that's as exciting as it gets. I'm so glad. Boredom and a quiet life are good for the soul.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You guys have been having fun! That was VERY nice of your hubby to be dunked for you. And your wee little one is so cute!
She doesn't look all that excited to be leaving! Looks like a lot of fun out there in the woods!
She does look so excited! Love the outfit too. Very unique. Your poor dog! I hope you get to keep her!
What fun you have been up to out there in the "wild." The dog is precious. I hope she gets to stay!
Post a Comment