This brilliant (but apparently controversial--that's what one site said) book has saved my sanity! Saturday night, Baby and I were up just about all night. I was sleeping in 10 minute increments. By about 6 in the morning, I stumbled downstairs to dig for a book I remembered purchasing on a whim before I was even pregnant. I knew it was about helping babies sleep through the night, and that was all I needed to know. Turns out, it also covers putting them on a schedule during the day and helping them learn how to go to sleep by themselves. After only 2 days of this, we have a beautiful schedule, a happy baby, and better-rested Mommy. She woke up last night at 2:30 and at 7. For her naps this morning and yesterday, she would cry for about 30 seconds (if at all) and then fall asleep. The house is almost completely clean (I rearranged the kids' room, which is always a recipe for disaster) and I only have one more load of laundry left. All the rest is clean, folded and put away. I really feel on top of my game now. It was really nice though, when the spousal unit came home yesterday, to have a clean room, empty sink, and dinner on the table as the baby sweetly smiled from her bouncy seat. This is one happy mama!Tuesday, May 27, 2008
On Becoming Babywise
This brilliant (but apparently controversial--that's what one site said) book has saved my sanity! Saturday night, Baby and I were up just about all night. I was sleeping in 10 minute increments. By about 6 in the morning, I stumbled downstairs to dig for a book I remembered purchasing on a whim before I was even pregnant. I knew it was about helping babies sleep through the night, and that was all I needed to know. Turns out, it also covers putting them on a schedule during the day and helping them learn how to go to sleep by themselves. After only 2 days of this, we have a beautiful schedule, a happy baby, and better-rested Mommy. She woke up last night at 2:30 and at 7. For her naps this morning and yesterday, she would cry for about 30 seconds (if at all) and then fall asleep. The house is almost completely clean (I rearranged the kids' room, which is always a recipe for disaster) and I only have one more load of laundry left. All the rest is clean, folded and put away. I really feel on top of my game now. It was really nice though, when the spousal unit came home yesterday, to have a clean room, empty sink, and dinner on the table as the baby sweetly smiled from her bouncy seat. This is one happy mama!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Good for you! I hate having to stretch and grow to be able to to what I couldn't before. I'm glad you can breathe again.
I am impressed. I had Scamper on a great schedule for a while (I also really like that book, because I am a very scheduled person) but he doesn't seem to want to keep it anymore. Maybe I better pull it out and read it again.
I LOVE that book. It saved me with my first and has continued to bless me with the rest. I am so glad that you found it and things are going better for you. I always dread the first few months but it really can be manageable and even fun!
~Kim C.
I love the feeling of accomplishing something visible again. Waking up and breathing doesn't count for much with me on my productive scale. I have never read that book but I read one called, "The Secrets of the Baby Whisperer" that sounds similar.
Congrats on having your baby! I hadn't even checked the blogs for a long time! I guess I'm a little behind. She is darling.
so i really need to read that book. wish i had known about it last september when my newbie was taking us for a whirl! your baby is a doll and all 3 are adorable. i love your blog. yay for happy mommas!
Isn't it amazing what things you don't think of until you are almost out of your mind! Glad the little one is an obedient little thing! Let's hope that she stays that way!
Post a Comment