Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Doomed Expeditions

Sometimes my daughter surprises me. Every time we go to visit my midwife, she gets to pick a new book to keep. Last time she picked up a sweet little book about all the different things you can find in a tree, like nests and tree houses. Then, she changed her mind and decided on a darling book about baby owls who were worried that their mother couldn't find her way home after she went hunting. At the end of the appointment she changed her mind again and decided on what I thought would have been the least likely book she would choose. It is called "Doomed Expeditions". Here are some of the delightful and uplifting chapter headings: Gone Without a Trace, Disappointment and Death, Trapped in the Ice, Hunger and Horror, The Starvation Trail, and Quests Gone Wrong. What a nice book for children.

My sister suggested that I take a survey to see who comes up with the best names for our baby girl. Since people rarely read my blog though, maybe I will just make my own comments and suggest names that I know I like. (o: If you have any good ones, make sure to let me know! It's been fun to start getting prepared and gathering everything she will need (okay, everything I want). I just got the BEST jogging stroller that is complete top of the line with a reversible seat so I can turn her to look at me. I got it for a fabulous price at the little shop I help at and I am SO excited to see it in action. One problem I have noticed though is that I have lost or given away almost all of my girl clothes. So, she'll be naked, but go walking in style!


I just received this Christmas card in the mail from a friend of mine and I really think that the little girl in here looks like me when I was younger. The spousal unit disagrees, but he also didn't know me when I was young. What do you think?


Well, that's it for now!

5 comments:

EarlGirl said...

I think I've read something like that book! This one was on the deaths at Yellowstone. I have some names NOT to choose: Bailey McKenna, McKenzie, Emma, Kaylie or Kyley or Kayla. Those have all been done to death.

Jenn said...

Megan, Kate, Adelaide, Sabina (no, I didn't spell it wrong), Abbie, Jessamyne, Angel, Angelina, Jiffy (oh, oops, no that's just me looking at that yummy cake mix...lemon...mmmmm)Hannah, I LOVE the name Leeland for a girl. I would do it but Jay would never let me get away with it...and I don't have any girls..., Darby. The only name I would be sad to see go to someone other than me would be Mazey Jane; that's my non-existant girl.

Kersten said...

Hey, thanks for reading my blog! You encouraged me to get back into the swing and write something! That is so funny about your daughter choosing that book!! My favorite girl name is ...Sterling Angus. No just kidding...Aberess Crombie Terwiliger is always nice...we had a dog named that once. But seriously, You could try something normal like, Bertha. NO really, my favorite names of the moment are "Alison" or "Kathleen". I think they're pretty.

Holly said...

Hi, I saw your comment on my blog, but I can't say I know who you are...Do I know you from church? (That's pretty much the only people I know)
As for baby names, I like Emily, Christina, and Sarmenta. (Call her "Minty" for short)

Melanie said...

I have a lot of your girl clothes, remember? :) Although I don't have any baby clothes. I think the ones I got from you were all 18 months and up. I am saving them for you, they are waiting in my utility room for the next time you come down and I can get them back to you. I know you'll be needing them pretty soon. I don't know where your pre-18 month clothes are though. You must have given those to someone else. You're just too generous! :)

As for names, since we are done having kids, I'll tell you the other favorites if we hadn't named her Brielle. They are: Sophie, Charlotte, Amelia, and Cambria.