Lets see...Anyone think this boy is excited to see Santa? The only thing he could talk about for hours afterwards was how Santa's eyebrows were blue. I guess it's hard to make dark brown hair go white. And no, our boy is not wearing any socks. Don't ask.
This is our girl being too shy to ask Santa for anything. Big brother eventually came to the rescue and went over to tell Santa what she wanted. And yes, she picked her own outfit.
Then came the most interesting part of the evening. They had Karaoke after the dinner and a bunch of ladies came over to ask if I would sing "Twelve Days of Christmas" with them. Now, I love Christmas music in pretty much any way, shape or form; but I abhor this song. It's always women who do it too and it's usually disastrous. This night was no exception. They couldn't pass the microphone fast enough, so everyone was about one and a half lines behind the music, which eventually we just had to turn off. By that time, everyone was on a different key. Did I mention that there were actions to this song? I was dying. The woman next to me, who is a good friend, was the goose a' laying and looked like she was going to drop one on the floor, which of course ruined me for my turn, but since I had no idea which note to start on anyway, it didn't really make much difference when I could barely squeak out "5 golden rings". To quote 'The Princess Bride', "Humiliations galore." I know I should have a better sense of humor about this, especially as all the other women thought it was just the most fun they've had in a long time, but I was just embarrassed. Next year, I'm saying no. (o:
1 comment:
Next year, just do a solo and bust out with "White Christmas" or something. Really wow'em.
Post a Comment