Sunday, January 24, 2010

Oh, Mitch. It's Been So Long; So Very Long!

Anyone know what movie that's from? If you do, you just ranked up high on my "Cool People" List.

Anyone want to know what's going on with us? We got a house (I have pics on Facebook if you are interested) and absolutely LOVE it. We really, really want to be able to keep it, so we've been praying pretty hard that the spousal unit gets a job soon. My job is still going well. I get off every day at 2:45, just in time to pick up my big girl from school and spend the afternoon playing with kids, reading my books and just relaxing in general. Of course, getting off so early translates into getting up REALLY early (I start at 5:45), which also means that I go to bed really early, which I'm not super good at. The spousal unit usually starts nagging me to go to bed (so I'm not a complete crank to live with) at about 7:30.

The down side to this job is that I haven't been able to go to church since I got this shift in November. I feel so spiritually bereft and miss church quite desperately. Luckily, I was able to put in for a new shift starting on Valentine's Day, so I will hopefully get to be active again! Woo-hoo! I don't think that I truly appreciated before how important a real Sunday is to me. I can write in my journal, read the Relief Society lessons or uplifting books all I want, but it really is not the same as sharing the fellowship of other Saints, or especially attending Sacrement meeting. I am SO excited to go back again.

Anyway, back to what's up with us; the spousal unit has been plugging away applying for jobs, homeschooling our sweet boy, changing sweet baby diapers and doing all the housework (for which I will love him eternally--even though I would have regardless). He continues to run and exercise like a crazy man and has really gotten in to coupon/ bargain shopping for food. He's really, really good at it too!

Our kids are LOVING our new neighborhood. We've never actually lived in a neighborhood that has kids in it, and they are spending all their time having friends over and playing in the yard with bikes, basketballs and anything else they can get their hands on. Yesterday, we had SO many kids running through our house. It was CRAZY, but I really love being the house where they feel like they can come at any time (until 5:30 when they all get kicked out).

Our sweet babe continues to be hilarious. When I am working on sewing projects, she walks over to whatever fabric I am cutting out at the time (now that I finally have lots of room to work! Woo-hoo!), sits down right on it, looks up at me and says, "All done, Mama!" Is that a hint, or what? She dances to absolutely any music, holding her hands up high in the air and spinning in circles until she falls over---which doesn't usually take very long. She tries everything the big kids do and gets really ticked when she can't do it like them. Luckily, they always encourage her in this, and will help her get anything she wants. They are complete suckers for her and she knows it.

I am really excited about my new assignment at church. I am the Stake Camp Secretary and LOVE it! It is so nice to have a project that I can really sink my teeth in to! (Ugh. I just finished all the Twilight books again, and that phrase just doesn't have the same meaning it used to.) Plus...I get to go to camp!!! Does it GET any better than that? (o:

Well, since I am at work, I had better go. I had some down time and my blog was starting to look boring with nothing new on it. Man, it feels good to post again!

5 comments:

Sweet Cherie said...

I know! I know! Parent Trap - the original. I love that movie!

Jen said...

Congrats on the house. Hope you get a new shift so you can go to church again. Have fun with camp. I recently was called as the assistant ward camp director and we have ward camp this year so it should be fun.

Jenn said...

Sounds like everything is going great! I can't wait to see the pics. Kids are doing such cute things! I was totally impressed with how your hubby ran the show solo while we were there. Very, very impressive.
Of course..."The Parent Trap"

Babydoll said...

I am happy you are in a house. The hours you are working sound hard (well, the early part) but I am glad your hubby is holding his own at home. Good luck with the job search. I am glad you see you updated!

lovecat said...

Its good to hear from you! Now I just need to update ours too... where is that stupid cord to upload my photos?!

Anyways it sounds like you guys are having such a great time in your new neighborhood. I am so happy for you! I hope you get the new schedule! Love you!!!