Saturday, November 14, 2009

These Little Blunders

So part of my training to become a Digital Specialist (a Kindle expert--look it up, buy one, and then call me to help you use it! They are SWEET!), is to spend some time doing "dot com" calls. This means that when people mess up their order, want to know where their stuff is, or their kid got their credit card and went crazy on our site, they call in for help. The beautiful part about being in training though, is that you are not quite 100% accountable for all the dumb things you do. For instance: My very first time on the phones, a sweet, sweet older woman called up to see if I could fix something on her account. I happened to be working with another girl, who was an "expert" (she had been taking calls for a week already!). Of course, I had absolutely NO idea what to do to help the woman and turned to my "trainer" with panic exuding forth from my personage. She calmly mouths "HOLD" and I frantically search for the hold button. Finding it, I click on it and turn back to my pal, exclaiming, "Oh! This poor woman! I'm SO SLOW!" and notice that she is pointing and gesticulating wildly at the screen, mouthing, "NOT ON HOLD! NOT ON HOLD!!!" I had missed the hold button when I clicked. Sweet, huh? I've also gotten about four people who swear they will never shop with us again since dealing with me, and a marriage proposal from a man to whom I gave a partial refund on shipping. Then there was the man who I'm pretty sure wanted to burn my house down because I wouldn't price match on a blue ray movie. Thank heavens for anonymity!

1 comment:

twoplustwins said...

sounds entertaining! It is great because after having lived with you for all those years it in not hard to picture everything. I think you will be a great job and if we ever get a kinkle I will give you a call:o)! Though I have to admit I have no idea what they are.