Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mama!! EE-YAH-YOO???!!!

I hear her sweet voice coming from her room where I recently put her down for a nap. Over and over. "Mama! Ee-yah-yoo???!!!" This is also what she asks me whenever she feels like starting a conversation. Mama! Where are you?

When I rescue her, she wants to read her brother's "Gack-oo-gah gook" (Bakugan book) and randomly yells out "Gack-oo-gaaaaaahhhhhh, GO!" and points to the banquet page that has "nummies" on it. This reminds her that she is thirsty and needs a "geek" of "guck" (milk).

Have I mentioned that I love this age?

As I'm writing this, I hear an excited cry of "NUMMY!!" She has gotten ahold of a box of baby rice cereal and dumped it on her chair and into the carpet, and is joyfully rubbing her hands in it and trying to eat it off her chair. Maybe I should get her some "LRLRLRLR's" (colors) and try to distract her while I vaccuum.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I love this age! It's so adorable. My posts don't do them justice...you are better at writing to get the sounds closer to what they really are coming out of their little mouths.

Ms Renee said...

Good luck with the LRLRLR's--they may end up joining the rice cereal! But still totally adorable--I realize again and again that cuteness really is a survival tool.

I've appreciated your comments on my exchange student blog, but I'm wondering whether you know that I also have a more family oriented blog--dweezleboss.blogspot.com.

Careina said...

I love the way you write! I really enjoy this age too.

Babydoll said...

I love that mom's understand their little ones, but no one else can--sometimes not even Dad. Someone that hears your little one "say" something, then turns to you for interpretation. I love it!