We are doing great, if anyone is interested. I've been on a blog strike until the spousal unit got a job, but I couldn't take it anymore. No job yet, but we have a new car! It is exactly like our old car, same year and everything, but a different color and 50K miles fewer. Oh, and it doesn't have the frills. I don't even know the temperature while I'm driving now! Augh! All of this has led me to believe that I was a little too proud of my old van and the fancy schmancy buttons. I think this was the Lord's way of helping me stay humble.My boy has started home school and LOVES it. Besides his 11:00 fits and the occassional sassing, I think it's going well too. We are doing the online public school K12 or WAVA and it is AWESOME!!! They send you all the materials and books you need and you do some of the lessons online and others in the workbooks or through science/ art experiments. Very fun. Having a toddler running around trying to participate does get a little stressful sometimes. It's a little hard to teach about northern and southern hemispheres while your baby is trying to grab the beach ball globe out of your hands while screaming "BALL!! BALL!! BALL!!!"
My big girl wanted to go to "real" school so she could make girl friends, but now wishes she could be home too. She is way past the other kids in her class, at least in reading, and thinks that they do "baby work," which is a struggle for her. She really wishes she could stay asleep when her alarm goes off at 7 a.m. We solved some of the drama by pushing our snooze button for 10 minutes. If she remembers to set her alarm, hers goes off at 7 and she has 10 mintues to come and snuggle. It's good alarm incentive. She does love her teacher though and has made several little friends.
One fun thing that has come from our car accident is that, twice a week, Paul and I get hour-long massages before our chiropractic appointments. It really has helped work out the whiplash and other muscle issues from the wreck. Plus it just feels great! (o: Of course, it's kind of a pain in the neck (*snicker*) to have to go to two hour and a half long appointments every week while trying to do home school.
That's just about it though. I still miss North Bend terribly and all the sweet people that go along with it. I do like having a bit of a tan though since we see the sun all day every day over here. I'm just happy that the mornings are getting a bit more nippy so that it feels more like running back at home.
6 comments:
Hi There!
I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. I've been there...still am there after seven years only now I rely on the hubby to give me a neck rub.
I hope you are doing well and good luck with the job hunt.
I miss you!
Personally I think massages should be part of the homeschool package. Glad things are going well!
I am so happy to hear that you and your family are really enjoying it over there. But we miss you terribly over here. So Cobey likes WAVA? I was thinking about doing that this year. If i still dont like school after christmas, than im gonna go that route.
Have a great day!
Kayla
I am so happy to hear that you and your family are really enjoying it over there. But we miss you terribly over here. So Cobey likes WAVA? I was thinking about doing that this year. If i still dont like school after christmas, than im gonna go that route.
Have a great day!
Kayla
Glad you are back! Missed hearing how things are going.
Well I am glad you posted. I can't believe that is your family. Big brother looks so old with that long hair. I love it! You are amazing for doing home school with a little one demanding your attention. Good luck with the job hunting!
Post a Comment