I am done mourning. It's nice! I have decided to get on with my life and enjoy it here; the intense sunshine and heat included. But, blogging had to be put on hold until I could trust myself to not gripe about it all. I am trying to only gripe internally, and as seldom as possible. (o:
I have been watching my 7 year old nephew for that last week while my sisters are in Ireland, and it has been hilarious. He is a spunky, quick-witted, super-obedient kid, but he is also very funny... and gaseous. I think I have been feeding them too many apricots. We were driving home from the park when he started a new and invigorating aromatherapy session in the back seat while my kids were just about herniating themselves laughing. They started an animated debate about whether he should be christened the "Pooting Prince" or the "Tooting Tyrant." How can you keep a straight face for that? One really endearing thing happened when he heard me call my big boy "Angel" and my big girl "Princess". He wrapped an arm around my son's shoulders, looked up at me and said, "You can just call me 'Brother'." Coming from a family with 5 boys, it touched me that this was the name he valued above any other nickname or title.
Some other fun things that are going on: My hubbyman has had several job offers (ironically, this includes the one we just left over in North Bend), but has turned them down. They weren't a good fit. He does have several interviews coming up though and we have relatively high hopes about some of them. My wee babe is walking now (on occassion), and has several teeth, and my big boy is getting baptized this Saturday! (You should all come! I know you want to!) I can't believe my baby boy is so big! *sniffle* It seems like only yesterday that I was holding my newborn boy, crying that he was going to have to leave home and get married someday. Am I the only mother who is that derranged?
8 comments:
Hey sister Claybrook.
Your nephiew sounds so adorable! And i cant believe that Colby (sorry i dont know how to spell his name) is getting baptized! Hanna gets baptized on the 8th of aug.
That's so sweet! It's good to hear that my boy inherited my super power. Being quick-witted, that is. Smooch that boy for me, and thanks for loving him!
You must be having the time of your life. Its so fun to see the crazy things that kids can come up with when they are together. I can't beleive that your baby girl is walking and talking so well already! Its crazy! They grow up way to fast. Congrats again on being so awesome and running a 5K.
It was great to see you this past week! I didn't know you had a baptism coming up. ;) Good luck to your hubby on finding a job. We saw him interviewing at B&N the other day when we were at the mall. Hope he finds something to keep him happy soon.
I'm glad you are coming to terms with this move. It's funny, because I can't really imagine you complaining. You are always so happy and positive. And good luck with the baptism. That is great.
You WILL let everyone know as soon as you have good news, right? IT sounds like you are having fun in the meantime. Someday this will all be good.
I hope you are spending time on the river! We were there everyday! Life is always better in water.
oh my gosh that was funny and cute! You are great!
Post a Comment