Monday, March 30, 2009

Mess Maker, Mess Maker...

Mess Maker, Mess Maker; you've made a mess!
Please find my keys,
And end my stress!
Up to this minute I misunderstood
That they could be lost, for good!

I know that I have been foolish!
I left them within reach of the floor.
I turned my back for a minute...
They somehow crawled out the door!

Mess Maker, Mess Maker; I'll track you down.
I'll follow the trail you've left on the ground!
I've past dumped crackers, chewed play-do and sticks;
Oh, yes! I know all your tricks!

I just found the remote that we lost last week
Stuffed here, right by yesterday's mail!
I thought I had put that banana
On top of the garbage pail!

Mess Maker, Mess Maker; please just stay small.
I don't mind those prints
You left on the wall.
I'd give up my waist line, my IQ and keys
If someone could just make time freeze.

7 comments:

Kayla said...

LOL! You are so creative when it comes to writing things. So was that Audrey or Nacole that you where describing there?
Have a great Day!
Love
Kayla

EarlGirl said...

Hee hee! That was so creative! Your messmaker is so adorable.

Hethrjem said...

Seriously, write a book. This could be your "forward."

Jenn said...

I can totally hear you singing this! Ha! We never did find some keys Jonah lost along with the buckles to his car seat. It will haunt me forever.

Shauntel said...

Well said. ;o)

Babydoll said...

You are so funny. I was totally singing the tune right off the bat. Glad to hear that other mommys feel the same way!

Jared and Paige said...

I love to check in on your blog. What a sweet poem. I am also so proud of your for running the race. Way to go. Now you'll have to join Wendy Pynn and me in running the Turkey Trot next year, after she has her baby.