Saturday, March 14, 2009
I Like to Move It, Move It!
I ran my very first 5K today! I am so, so brave! Ever since I was in 5th grade I have been scared of running, and never thought I could do it. Today though, I ran the ENTIRE thing! I didn't even walk once! Yippee!! Hooray for me!! Can anyone tell I'm super, dooper excited about this? I have to tell you though, I was really nervous. Last night, I had trouble going to sleep and woke up several times. I was just so worried that I would let myself down.
It was pouring rain and really cold when we got there. The kids decided to not run in the 1K, but then were really disappointed when the other kids got medals. Notice that we are all still dry in this picture. That's how you can tell it was the beginning.
I had my dear friend Harry Potter with me the whole time. As I ran, he was captured by a gang of snatchers and taken to Malfoy Manor. Bellatrix even had time to get in a little bit of Hermione torture before I was done. I love MP3 Players!
I wasn't the fastest one in the pack, but I was absolutely determined not to walk. There were some huge hills, but I found that if I just paced myself, I was just fine! It was entertaining though to watch several people zoom past me, then I would pass them as they puttered to a walk, then zoom past me, then putter out. Nice and steady worked great for me. When I rounded the last curve on the way back, I felt completely exhilirated and almost burst into tears knowing that my sweet family would waiting for me at the finish line, and would be so proud of me. (I think I understand a little bit now what my sister Jenn was feeling after her 10K--except in a happy way since I wasn't in a blizzard!) I'm talking about this so much because I just never thought I would feel this way. I felt like I could run another couple of miles as long as I kept pacing myself. Who knew running was fun? And even if they did know, I didn't believe them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
Great job!! I'm hoping this will be my exact post next week as I am running my very fist 5K next week too!! I also never thought I could pull that off and have always hated running, so I'm hoping I have the success that you did! Too bad we couldn't run it together!
Good Job Kristie!! When I did the Turkey Trot in November, it was my first 5K too! I loved it. I'm glad you had such a good experience! I was a little dissapointed when I realized that I wouldn't be able to do this Dash. If you are up for another one - I plan to be there again this November! Good for you!
Congrats to you! It gives me hope that one day I can learn to love running myself--especially since runners are always so darn thin! ;)
I'm signed up to run a 5K in April with a friend. I'm a little scared. lol. Good job!
Great job!!! You did awesome. Enjoying it is so important. Your kids look so sad in the last picture!
Congratulations! I ran a 5K in high school and LOVED it. Haven't ran since, but really would like to get into it again! Keep it up!
Wow, that's so great! Good for you! The pic of the kids is sooooo pitiful!
What? People go running on purpose?
HAHAH! Heather!!!!! You had me rolling with that one (on the inside, of course). Hilarious!!!
I am so proud of you, K--.... You. I am so so proud of you!!!! :D
Way to go! I just found your blog, I didn't know you had one. You can add us to your if you want it's pachuilos.blogspot.com
Way to go! I just found your blog, I didn't know you had one. You can add us to your if you want it's pachuilos.blogspot.com
Way to go! I just found your blog, I didn't know you had one. You can add us to your if you want it's pachuilos.blogspot.com
WOW!!! Great Job!!!
I'll bet you had a fabuloso time and felt absolutly wonderful after wards. But i think that is so cool, i dont think i could do that.
As the french would say...
"Tres Bien!"
Love
Kayla
Wohoo! Good for you. I made your brother do a 5k on our 3 month anniversary at midnight. He was not to pleased with my request but since we were newlyweds he consented. I used to do cross country and had to run one of these or more every day. Ugh... I don't miss those days too much.:) It really is funny how some people take the sprint and walk route. It makes you laugh every time you pass them.
That is so great. I totally know how you feel, because I just did my 10K. It is a GREAT feeling. I don't love running, even though I do it every day, but running in a race is actually...fun! Crazy that I say that, but you know it's true. Great job running the whole time.
Congrats on the race Kristy!! That's awesome! I remember my first 5k. I felt like I was going to puke for the whole rest of the day. My fitness level has improved though and this morning I'm hoping to do 8 miles. A friend talked me into doing a half-marathon April 18, so I have 3 weeks to increase my distance from the 4.5 I have been doing up to 13.1. I did 6.5 on Monday and wasn't able to hardly walk until yesterday. We'll see how my 8 miles goes today. Sometime we'll have to do a race together. And with Laura and Julie and Jen.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You look so much like your mom in the picture where you are 'thinking that I am pretty darn cool'!
I will be walking my 6k listening to some book - not even considering running.
Just a little yin to your yang to keep the planet balanced. :-)
That's so awesome! I've done a couple. I'm not that fast, but we should totally do the Fall City or Railroad days!!!
Post a Comment