

I would just like to say that even though this house is darling, at this exact moment I am glad it is not mine. This is only a few miles from us though, actually by a neighborhood in which we almost bought a home. (Those people had two other offers that same day, and we didn't land on top that time). My experience this last weekend would have been a lot different if we had gotten that one though. See? I'm so grateful (today) that I don't own a home!! Luckily, we are up on a mountain. The flood came up over the road in a lot of spots as we go into town, but it was still passable. The only real problem was that the same road borders the river, and it was a severe driving hazard because I kept wanting to check out how high the water had gotten and kept forgetting to keep my eyes on the road. I know that everyone out there who knows me is VERY shocked that I have trouble focusing on driving. Good thing the police had better things to do today (right, Jenn?) The really fun thing about this flood was how the rain affected the snow. We had so much snow in the trees over our house that when it started pouring rain, it all melted and huge chunks of it would smash into our roof with loud THUMPs...All. Night. Long. At first, I thought a mountain lion had gotten on our roof and was going to eat our cat (which we kicked out for certain unsanitary behavior--she's lucky I didn't eat her for dinner, the little nasty. Our kids have earned big bucks for clean-up lately). But, the rain melted all the tire-sucking, car imbibing, quick-slush on the side of our driveway as well, so I can't complain
5 comments:
Shameless plug for Jenn's ticket. ;-)
Glad you didn't end up in that neighborhood... but now you've got me wanting to watch Gene Kelly and Debbie Reynolds...
(I like to sing that song in the shower. The 'rain' is warmer there.)
We could tell you how to bait a mountain lion in so you could get that cat taken care of...!
I love that song! I remember singing it in a storm with my boys when we were in Sandpoint and then my umbrella turned inside out and I went in while the boys puddle stomped!
So are you guys going to go kayaking?
As soon as I get a kayak...and as soon as it floods again. It happens frequently enough that we really should invest in one.
I can't believe you have that much rain. That is insane. I am glad your house has been mostly safe. BTW, Breath of Heaven is my all time favorite Christmas song!
Great shots of all the rain. Hopefully you all are drying out now. And your blog is SO cute!
Post a Comment