Thursday, November 20, 2008

All the things I meant to blog about...

I take so many pictures with the intention of putting them on here, but then I never do. So, here is a snapshot (*snicker*) of the last three months or so.

October General Conference: turning our tents toward the prophet.
Finally celebrating our August anniversary...in October.
Feeding baby solids for the first time.
My pal taking our fabulous family pics! She did all the ones on the side of this page. Isn't she good?
Going to the pumpkin patch.
It was funny because people walking past us would jump when one of our pumpkins moved. Ah, very fun, giving people heart attacks. Several people asked where they could get a pumpkin like mine.
Now, THAT is Mr. Incredible.
I just thought this was a sweet picture of my boy crashing in his sister's bed.
Check out the tongue extension on this babe! This is how you can tell if she likes what she's eating at the time; her tongue goes for the gold.
She is so stinking cute.
Here we are after running the kids' 1K race. Hey, it was early. That is a good reason to look completely hideous. My boy was so fast that we didn't even see him until the race was over. My big girl was passing big kids left and right. I was left panting in their wake trying to push this pack mule up the enormous hill at the beginning. Why did I have to be SO prepared??? Did I really need to pack my 100 lb. book, just in case?
Now, this was brave Dada after he ran his first 5K. (I was actually going to do it too, but it was at the same time as the kids' race). He didn't train for it, but still came in 35th overall, and 6th in his age group at a little over 24 minutes. *sigh* He's so amazing. Of course, he nearly died of a heart attack since he gives everything he does 100% effort, and he could barely move for days afterwards.
My amazing runners:
The last one should be skipped by the squeamish. It's gross, but I had to get a picture of it.
...
...
...
Um, this one pretty much explains itself. Can anyone say "bath time"?
And, just for kicks, here is another (up-)Chuck Norris joke: When the Boogeyman goes to sleep, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
Okay, one more: One time, Chuck Norris played on the Wheel of Fortune show. He was the first spinner. The last 29 minutes of the show was spent awkwardly waiting for the wheel to stop.

5 comments:

EarlGirl said...

I love the last picture! It brings back so many lovely memories. Your husband looks like he's about to puke after he ran! We love the Chuck Norris jokes too. What 100 pound book were you reading?

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

That would be Breaking Dawn. I had to know if they were going to bite it. *tee-hee--I said "bite it"* Weird. All the electicity just turned off in the house except for the computer. Huh.

Jenn said...

Way cool on the races. We're doing a kid/mom/grandpa traithlon this summer and your pics made me really excited for it.

lovecat said...

I like the pic of her lunging for her food! ours does that too we call it the Lilly lunge.

Melanie said...

Ew, I could have done without the last picture. It always amazes me how something so cute can be so gross at the same time!

I love the picture of her with her tongue out! Cute! Brielle always will only barely open her mouth when trying something until she determines if she likes it. We call it the "non-commitment bite".