Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lethargy Complete

Do you ever have times where you feel like you are only moving because someone is pushing you from behind?  Where, if it was up to you, you would flop down where you are and lay there like a wet noodle?  I am in wet noodle land right now and I'm trying to figure out why.  It takes a great amount of internal persuasion to go clean the bathroom, or vacuum.  I don't know, maybe I'm just feeling lazy.  Can you be selectively lazy?  I love cleaning the kitchen and the dining room, and make sure they sparkle at least once every day.  Beyond that though, I feel absolutely no interest in branching out, cleaning-wise.  Thank heavens my kids do chores every day or the house would really blow up!  Am I the only one?

With the occasional great weather we've been having, I have an innate desire to improve my surroundings.  The only problem is that it is in direct conflict with my lethargy.  I have a dresser in the garage waiting to be refinished, four boards leaning against it that will be shelves in my bathroom, half-painted walls in the same bathroom, floor sealant for the kids' bathtub, caulk for the kitchen splash board, and putty and paint for the spots of dining room wall that need to be patched and re-painted.  Gah!  Where is my motivation?!  Where is my drive?!  This wet noodle needs a backbone, but doesn't know where to find it!

On a different note...

My big boy just went back to public school.  Wee babe keeps asking where he is; we've been keeping tabs on him for a year and a half, so it is weird for him to not be there.  Though both the she and I miss him dreadfully during the day, both he and I are much happier.  He is making a lot of friends and comes home with his eyes alight with excitement over recess adventures.  I've spent a lot more time out of the house not feeling guilty that I'm not devoting all my time to home-schooling.  It's beautiful. 

I have read more books though!  After "Talk of the Town", I read another book by the same author, "Word Gets Around" and now I'm on the third one, "Never Say Never".  These books are so funny and have the silliest characters in them, but they are also really uplifting and have some deep messages in there as well.  At some points, like my previous post, I just have to sit back and think about how profound that conversation was and how I can fit it into my life.  Now, if only they discussed how to get my can in gear...  Maybe she's saving that for the next book.  Guess I'll have to read it and find out!  (o:

No comments: