I've wanted to write about this for a while, but I've got to warn you: it's not for the squeamish. Our sweet babe is now completely potty trained for the day time, but it was a rough and disgusting road. #1 always came easily to her, but #2 was a challenge. That girl could hold it all day until we put a diaper on at night and she would happily fill it right up in a very nasty way.
One such night, we had made some progress with her; she had discovered that she didn't like wearing poopy diapers. We had company over, and we were all playing games together after the kids had gone to bed. The baby had started fussing, but we figured she was just having a little bit of trouble going to sleep. Suddenly, our big girl comes ripping down the stairs, hair flying, eyes wide with panic, shrieking "She has POOPED in her CRIB!" I ran upstairs to find my baby screaming hysterically, and staring bug-eyed at her hand, which is gripping a huge hunk o' poo, not knowing what to do with it. Ah, good times, good times.
Now, I have a very natural approach to potty-training. When it seems that one of our children is ready, we strip them buck naked and let them run around like that, preferably outside in the back yard if at all possible. On one such day, wee babe and I were passing the time outside when she ran over to me and said, "Poo-poo!" I excitedly said, "Oh! You need to go poo-poo? Okay! Let's go in to the potty! Woo-hoo!" Once on said potty though, I noticed some tell-tale skid marks down her legs.
"Sweetheart, did you already go poo-poo?"
"Yes!" she stated proudly.
"Oh! Um, where did you go poo-poo?"
"Slide!" Oh, please no! Not the slide!
I got her all cleaned up and we headed out to face the destruction. The slide was spotless. I searched the entire yard. Not a piece of poo in sight. I was completely baffled...
Until the next day.
We were in the back yard again, running free and bare (she was, not me). She gets a concerned look on her face and starts walking a little funny.
"Sweetheart? Do you need to go poo-poo?"
"No!" Though I suspect this is not the truth, I let it go for a minute. About 5 steps away, she can't hold it anymore and lets it fly, right under the swing...
where the dog quickly eats it.
Mystery solved.
3 comments:
Oh, wow. That was truly disgusting. Ick.
I needed that!!! :S
That made me and Adam laugh so hard our eyes watered-of course your's probably did too!
Post a Comment