
"I'm not wearing it!"
"Son, just button your shirt. You need to wear a nice shirt for picture day."
"I don't like it! I don't want to wear it!"
"You're wearing another shirt under it and may take off your button-up shirt right after the picture if you want."
I wasn't about to give up. I had spent a good 15 minutes ironing the collar, sleeves and button line down the front with my hair straightener.
This delightful tussle consumed the majority of the morning until a scowling, fully-buttoned, gelled-up boy had to run for it with his father to make it to school on time.
The really delightful part came after school though, when I picked up my boy, grinning in his T-shirt, rid of the hated button-up now stuffed in his backpack. Stuck squarely in the middle of his chest was a big sticker that proclaimed, "SMILE! Tomorrow is picture day!"
4 comments:
That makes me laugh. I go through that exact same argument every year! The worst was getting the pictures back to find that my boy had taken the offending sweater off early to have his picture taken in a wrinkly undershirt!
okay, it's been a week, can't you think of anything else to day?
Nope! I got nuthin'. Nothing ever happens over here! (o:
There has to be some sort of interesting thought, some sort of irony that strikes you, some funny movie you see, some juicy gossip you'd like to share, something!
Post a Comment